The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Registration and Examinations Section
Declaration/Change of Minor(s)
1. Application Period and Procedures
(Logon CUSIS and select “Application” > “Program-Related Change Application”)
5 October 2022 - 31 May 2023*
* The deadline for students who are expected to graduate in 1st term 2022-23 is 31 December 2022 and the last day for Department approval is 9 January 2023.
Procedures for Add Minor(s)
(a) Check existing minor(s)
Students should check their existing minor(s), if any, under “Profile” > “My Academics” to make appropriate action.
(b) Input courses under CUSIS
Students MUST check the course fulfillment of the intended minor by referring to the study scheme under the Undergraduate Student Handbook, and input courses that they have already taken for the minor programme. Students’ applications will only be approved if they have registered/nearly registered all the course requirements.
Procedures for Change Minor(s)
For students who wish to change from one minor to another one (e.g. from French to German), do NOT use “Add”, please CHOOSE “Change Minor”. Follow the above steps (a) and (b).
- CUSIS only allows records of 3 minors at most. If students have already registered 1 minor, only 2 new applications for minors can be submitted. Please contact RES if any students need to register the 4th minor programme.
- By submitting the applications, students should have given consent to intended minor department(s) to view all their course information under CUSIS for the purpose of making approval or otherwise.
Procedures for Cancel Minor(s)
For students who wish to cancel the minor, just choose “Drop Minor”. No further approval is necessary.
2. Department Approval
Department can review and approve the above applications at any time during the specified application period. Student should check their application status on their own from time to time on CUSIS. The last day for department to make on-line approval is 7 June 2023.
3. System Walkthrough and Enquiry
Please refer to RES homepage for the system walkthrough. For further enquiries, please contact RES:
29 September 2022