The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Registration and Examinations Section
Declaration/Change of Minor(s)
1. Application Period and Procedures (Logon CUSIS and select “Application for Program Change”)
2 October 2019 - 31 May 2020*
* The deadline for students who are expected to graduate in 1st term 2019-20 is 31 December 2019.
Procedures for Add Minor(s)
(a) Check existing minor(s)
Students should check their existing minor(s), if any, under “My Academics” to make appropriate
(b) Input courses under CUSIS
Students MUST check the course fulfillment of the intended minor by referring to the study scheme under the online Undergraduate Student Handbook, and input courses that they have already taken for the minor programme. Students’ applications will be approved if they have registered/nearly registered all course requirements.
Procedures for Change Minor(s)
For students who wish to change from one minor to another one (e.g. from French to German), do NOT use “Add”, please CHOOSE “Change Minor”. Follow the above steps (a) and (b).
- CUSIS only allows records of 3 minors at most. If students have already registered 1 minor, only 2 new applications for minors can be submitted. Please contact RES if any students need to register the 4th minor subject.
- By submitting the applications, students should have given consent to intended minor department(s) to view all their course information under CUSIS for the purpose of making approval or otherwise.
Procedures for Cancel Minor(s)
For students who wish to cancel a minor, choose “Drop Minor”. No further approval is necessary.
2. Department Approval
Department can review and approve the above applications any time during the specified application period. Student should check their application status on their own from time to time on CUSIS. The last day for department to make on-line approval is 8 June 2020.
3. System Walkthrough and Enquiry
Please refer to the RES homepage for the system walkthrough. For further enquiries, please contact RES:
30 September 2019