To: Full-time Undergraduate Students (excluding Associate Students)
Re: 1st Term Course Add/Drop 2019-20
Course add/drop under CUSIS will begin at 8:30 p.m. on 9 September (Monday). Please be reminded of the following arrangements pertaining to 1st term course add/drop.
- Course add/drop under CUSIS from 9 September (8:30 p.m. Monday) to 15 September (8:30 p.m. Sunday)
Students should use the system functions “add”, “drop” or “swap” under CUSIS for course add/drop except for courses with "add/drop consent". All course add/drops under CUSIS will be at real-time mode, and course add is on a first-come first-served basis subject to fulfillment of course enrolment rules and quota availability.
Students should use the ‘validate’ system function to check the eligibility for course enrolment rules or possible time clash problems before adding the courses.
- Drop courses under CUSIS by 8:30p.m. on 15 September
In order to free up the quotas for other students, students should drop the courses as soon as possible if they no longer intend to register for the course, or to use the “swap” function to drop the course on the condition that they add another course successfully. Departments will NOT allow any drop of the courses during 16-20 September except for very special reasons.
- Students on the wait list under CUSIS
Please note that students on wait list will enroll automatically up to the new quota of the class whenever the quota is increased, or when the quota is freed up by other students who have dropped the class, subject to fulfillment of course enrolment rules and with no timetable clashes. There is no separate e-mail notification regarding to this new course enrolment. Therefore, students MUST check their updated course enrolment under “My Class Schedule” on a daily basis.
- Approach course offering departments for solving course registration problems during 16-20 September
Students should approach course offering departments concerned using the ‘Course Add/Drop Form for Undergraduate Course’ or the ‘Course Add/Drop Form for Postgraduate Course’ for enrollment of courses under the following conditions. The forms are available for download at RES homepage.
- To enroll postgraduate classes which departments do not allow students to enroll under CUSIS.
- To take course(s) for fulfillment of graduation requirements, or for other special reasons.
- FAQ, enquiry hotline and e-mail enquiry for course add/drop
- Late course add/drop on or after 23 September
Late course add or drop will only be approved with very special reasons. Therefore, students MUST check their final course enrolment records under “My Class Schedule” and make final adjustments with the department(s) concerned on or before 20 September.
The application form for “Late Course Add / Drop” can be downloaded from RES homepage.
With best regards,
Registration and Examinations Section
2 September 2019