The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Registration and Examinations Section
Centralized Course Examinations for Full-time Undergraduate Programmes
1st term 2019-20
Please refer to the following in relation to 1st term Centralized Course Examinations.
- The FINAL Examination Timetable for 1st term has been released. For details, please visit: (http://www.res.cuhk.edu.hk/en-gb/examinations/examination-timetable).
- Some changes have been made to the draft examination timetable by concerned course teaching staff. Students must check their final examination timetable carefully in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
- Students should check the updated ‘‘Rules to be Observed by Candidates at Examination Centre” and “Use of Calculators during Course Examination” at the homepage of Registration and Examinations Section. For violation of the examination rules, please observe “CUHK disciplinary guidelines and procedures” posted on the website of Honesty in Academic Work: A Guide for Students and Teachers (https://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/Eng_htm_files_(2013-14)/p06.htm).
- In case of absence from examination, students should observe the General Regulations Governing Full-time Undergraduate Studies and submit their application form (available for download at RES homepage) with documentary evidence to the Registration and Examinations Section or relevant office# at the earliest possible instance but no later than 5 working days after the examination concerned. Please note that, for reasons other than illness/injury, students should submit the application form for absence from examination with related supporting documents well in advance of the examination date for consideration and approval by relevant approval authority. Early purchase of air tickets will normally NOT be accepted as reasons for applications for absence from examination.
# Office responsible: Please submit the application form to:
a. Registration and Examinations Section (10/F, YIA): Full-time Undergraduate Students
b. Office of Academic Links (i-Centre, 1/F, YIA): IASP Students
c. Graduate School Office (7/F, YIA): Postgraduate Students
- Please observe the “General Arrangements for Classes and Examinations on Approach of Typhoons and Rainstorms”. If the typhoon signal No. 8 or above or the black rainstorm signal is issued by 7:00 a.m. or after, all full-time undergraduate examinations will be postponed.
1 November 2019