THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
Registration and Examinations Section
Replacement of Graduate Certificate for Undergraduate Programmes
(Notes for Application)
- The graduate certificate of the University is a unique document. No duplicate copy will be issued. However, a graduate may apply for a replacement certificate in case of loss or damage of an original certificate. Application for replacement due to change of name after graduation will not be accepted.
- A graduate shall only be in possession of ONE valid copy, including the replacement copy, of the certificate, for each degree at any given time. In other words, if a certificate, previously reported lost, was subsequently found, the graduate concerned is required to return any extra copy for destruction.
- A replacement certificate shall in general follow the current format of the graduate certificate*, with an additional statement “This certificate is reissued on (DD/MM/YYYY)” [本證書於YYYY年MM月DD日補發], and the replacement shall also bear the signatures of the current University officers.
(* If only the degree name (but not the Major programme name) was shown on the original certificate, the replacement certificate, if issued, shall also show the degree name only.)
- Replacement certificates are to be issued each year at the time of the Congregation. In 2020, the application will close on 1 November 2020 and the replacement certificate will be issued after the Congregation. The application period for replacement of graduate certificate in 2019 has ended.
- To apply for a replacement certificate, please submit, preferably in person, the application form to the Registration and Examinations Section (RES) within the specified application period; and
(a) present the original copy of HKID card^ / passport*; (b) if the original certificate is damaged, please return it to RES for record; (c) if the original certificate is lost, please provide the original of the relevant documentary evidence, e.g., police report / notarized statement.
^ The HKID card number should be the same as the registration record at the University.
* If the graduate has lost/does not have a HKID card, please provide a copy of the passport. The name and date of birth printed thereon should be the same as the registration record.
The application fee is HK$800 for each replacement certificate, can either pay at RES counter by EPS, or by cheque/bank draft made payable to “The Chinese University of Hong Kong”.
If you cannot make the application at RES, please send by post/courier copies of the documents listed above together with the application fee, or authorize another person to act on your behalf with your authorization letter and a copy of your HKID card/passport.
A graduate may collect the replacement certificate(s) in person or by an authorized person upon notification by RES after the Congregation Ceremony of the year. The graduate or the authorized person is required to present his/her HKID card/passport for inspection. The authorized person should also submit an authorization letter signed by the graduate, and bring along a copy of the graduate’s HKID card/passport for record of RES.
For enquiries, please contact the Registration and Examinations Section
|Address:||10/F, Yasumoto International Academic Park|
|The Chinese University of Hong Kong|